Find out more about MSA’s take on success factors and lessons learned. The following publications have been authored by MSA or by its consultants.
Market Systems Facilitation
- MicroLinks 2016. Reconsidering the Concept of Scale in Market Systems Development
- Markets and Poverty in Northern Kenya: Towards a Financial Graduation Model. Financial Sector Deepening Kenya. September 2012.
- New Article
- Integrating Food Security and the Value Chain Approach: Briefing Paper. March 2012.
- Savings Groups on the Pathway to Graduation: PSNP Plus in Ethiopia. January 2012.
- Pathways Out of Poverty Analysis Toolkit. microREPORT #180. October 2011.
- Pathways Out of Poverty: Applying Key Principles of the Value Chain Approach to Reach the Very Poor. microREPORT #173. September 2011.
- Beyond Financial Services: A Synthesis of Studies on the Integration of Savings Groups and Other Developmental Activities. Geneva: Aga Khan Foundation, April 2011.
- Linking Basic Financial Services and Agricultural Input and Output Markets for Smallholder Farmers in Zimbabwe. 2011.
- Linking Informal Savings Groups to Agricultural Marketing in Tanzania. 2011.
- DCED 2013. Conflict-Affected Environments: Practical Guidelines for Measuring Achievements of PSD in CAEs, Version 2, July 2013
- DCED 2013. Private Sector Development in Conflict-Affected Environments: A Case Study of the Sustainable Employment and Economic Development Programme in Somalia.
- DCED 2013. Measuring Results of Private Sector Development in Conflict-Affected Environments: A Case Study of the Employment Promotion Programme in Sierra Leone.
Women and Youth Empowerment
- Investing In Young People: Part 1 A Reference Guide on Youth Employability, 2012
- Microlinks Speaker’s Corner: Value Chains for Vulnerable Populations. April 2009.
- Breakfast Seminar Series Presentation #55. Using Value Chains to Move Vulnerable Populations up the Economic Ladder. January 28, 2011.
- Assessment of PEPFAR Economic Strengthening Programming for PLHIV and OVC in Swaziland. LIFT. November 2010 – January 2011
- USAID Value Chain Wiki – Disadvantaged Women
- Opportunities in Waste: From Cape Town to Ruiru. 2008.